Monday, April 4, 2011

Another New WIP


April Fool's Day is over and I must 'fess up, I'm still knitting!   I'm so gullible, I believe almost everything people tell me, but I'm not usually so successful at pulling off a prank myself.   

Thanks everyone for your comments, I knew some of my friends would NEVER be fooled, but I hoped I would at least see if anyone noticed.  It was a fun day, and I hope you had a chance to pull a prank on someone else.  

But I am still here knitting, writing about knitting, ripping out my knitting, (and spinning and crocheting) etc.  I've been hard at work on several versions of a new knitting pattern project that is almost ready to show, but not quite - I still want to tweak a couple of details before I offer it for test knitting.  

The yarn I'm using is Madeline Tosh Merino Light, a 100% Merino singles fingering yarn in luscious hand-dyed colors.  The photo at the top of this post shows three of my favorite colors (left to right) - Silver Fox, Tern and Antler.  

This swatch in garter stitch is knit in a color called Calligraphy, a beautiful mix of silver, beige, copper, and pewter grey.


The layers of colors in the base yarn and in the soft halo are rich and complex while still subtle.  Many of the Madeline Tosh colors are tonals with closely-related shades in a colorway.  A few are higher contrast.

 

Everyone makes such a fuss about this yarn I decided to give it a try.  The colors are exceptionally beautiful, and the yarn is springy and enjoyable to knit with.  I'll do a proper review soon.

On another note, I was thrilled to hear from Helene Rush, designer and owner of Knit One Crochet Too yarn company, who wanted to know if she could use my Brandywine Falls capelet pattern, knit in Knit One Crochet Too Paintbox yarn, on her Facebook page.  Of course!  

I think Helene has some great patterns, one of her most popular is  Hey, Teach! a cute lace cardigan from Knitty.com. 


Helene has recently started podcasting as well, so if you enjoy listening to podcasts while you knit, as I do, tune in and listen as she discusses knitting, patterns, her yarn company business, life and other things. 

Until next time, peace, blessings and happy knitting to you!
  

3 comments:

  1. Love those marvelous shades of grey! I can't wait to see what this becomes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie - You and me both! I've been so drawn to the layered neutrals lately, but I think the pendulum will swing back the other way again eventually, LOL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comment on my blog. It was just the message I needed. Thank you for the prayer too. I work very hard to be the best dancer I can be at my age. Your blog is lovely...such beautiful yarn choices. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete