Saturday, January 21, 2012

Blueprint for Knitting



Since about the middle of last October our life around here has been frantic at best. Both knitting-wise and personal life-wise things were cranked up to boiling level and continued so through the holidays and until the end of this week when all of my previous knitting projects and a stint on jury duty were finally concluded. 
 
Since the first of the year, I've bound off the back of my gray hoodie, swatched a huge batch of stitch patterns (I love swatching), and begun another new pattern project - one that was really easy to pick up and put down during aforementioned jury duty and that, in light-weight yarn, would last a while. I'll try to get some photos and post more about it soon. 

We've finally received enough snow to matter here, and I can call this weird season Winter. I'm  hoping we'll soon have enough snow that I can try out the snowshoes I received as a Christmas gift. 

Our climate, although not fabulous, is nice and in the temperate range. We usually only receive a few weeks of extremely cold or hot weather through the year. But along with much of the US, we've been experiencing even milder than normal conditions, which was fine with me considering all the running around we've been doing.


Now that life's a teensy bit calmer, I'm taking time to chill out, knit some fun projects and clean house. And, um, I haven't yet packed up the Christmas things... But hey, it's 2012 and I'm excited about the possibilities the year holds!

This guest-blogger post from the Designsponge.com blog suggested a 'blueprint' strategy to get organized for the new year. 


I am using this idea, rather than traditional resolutions, as my outline for what I'd like to accomplish in 2012. 


One of the things I plan to do right away is hold another giveaway, so check back in the next week or two for details on that (I just need to photograph the loot), it's going to be a good one!

I can't wait to move on to to more of the things on my checklist - I'll be sharing a lot of them here throughout the year - and I'd love to know what knitting or craft-related goals YOU would like to achieve this year. As always, I really love to read your comments. 

Peace, blessing and happy knitting to you!

3 comments:

  1. Robin, I will look forward to your new posts and wish you best in realizing your goals and dreams.
    I've shared my plans for this year here.
    http://ateliermadambutterfly.blogspot.com/2012/01/new-year-new-plans.html
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful shot of the snow. We also had some snow last week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have several things on "the list" but am currently enjoying working on your Sothia pattern and a couple more. Love the way it has started. Thank you. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete