Monday, February 18, 2013

Monday's Muse



Inspiration for creating can strike me at any time or place, but I admit to being very influenced by certain things, especially nature, architecture and art. One place where I find connection to these elements, when I catch a few minutes for a short break from work here and there throughout my day, is on the Pinterest.com website. Great diligence is required in keeping to the idea of short since gorgeous photos and inspiration abound on that site and it's easy to get lost in the beauty!

I've been on a bit of a white kick lately, but that seems to be waning as this week's 'muse' has been inspired by dusky twilight tones like that of the lovely blue-gray Plucky Bulky yarn shown above.

Here are a few other favorite photos from my Pinterest pins.

 
  

Last weekend I also happened upon Taylor's (Nightmorning on Ravelry) latest Sothia shawl, knit in Madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light, colorways Nebula & Graphite.


This knitter has made five gorgeous Sothia shawls, equalling my total! Another of her lovely versions is this one in colorways Georgia & Cove. 


Taylor certainly has a wonderful talent for combining colors.

What have you been inspired by lately? 





Photo links via Pinterest.

2 comments: