Thursday, April 17, 2014

Swatching


Swatching is one of the most fun parts of a new knitting or crochet project for me because I love testing different combinations of yarn, stitches, needles and even blocking methods (all of which can have a huge impact on a finished knitting project). 

If you've been reading my blog for a while you may have noticed that I often try out new stitches in a solid, light-colored yarn in order to compare and contrast them. The yarn I used in the photo is a basic fingering weight wool as I've been swatching stitch combinations for a new pattern for fingering weight yarn.

Once I settle on a few stitch favorites, I swatch them again in the yarn I'm considering for the design. And for every project, I always block the swatches in the same way I plan to block the project. 

Now I have piles of swatches and (being a thrifty person who hates to throw out something useful) I need to come up with an idea to put them all to good use.

Thanks for stopping by today, happy swatching!


No comments:

Post a Comment