Saturday, September 6, 2014

Facing Up To It and New Project Notes




Lately I've been enjoying summer and knitting at a somewhat leisurely pace as I'm still regaining my strength after chemotherapy, and my DH and I have been traveling and attending to home and garden tasks. Still, a cardigan has been completed, as well as half a dozen dishcloths, and I've enjoyed swatching some gorgeous Plucky Knitter Bulky yarn for a new pattern design, albeit in a relaxed fashion. 

So many ideas have been swatched up it's been hard to choose a favorite, but I've narrowed the choices down a little and am heading for the home stretch. 

In other news this summer, I've finally broken down and joined the legions of Facebook users (gasp!!). I've had the page for a little while now, but almost never logged on since I spend as little time as possible online and didn't want to add to the time already spent on my blog, Ravelry, Twitter, Craftsy and Pinterest. However, I've been posting for a couple of months, and although I'm still not much of a social media lover, I grudgingly admit Facebook has been a good way to keep in touch with people I know as well as make new fiber friends.

I'm keeping my options open with an official Robin Ulrich Studio page (although it has zero content right now) but I don't know if that idea will ever take off. For now I am sticking with a personal page, this is my current user profile photo.




I'll definitely still be writing detailed posts here, but I'm generally making smaller, more frequent posts on Facebook (although not always knitting-related!). Feel free to 'friend' me on Facebook if you wish, my user name is "Robin Ulrich" or you can click on the link above, or on the right side of this blog page.

Thanks for stopping by my virtual studio today, have a wonderful weekend!



1 comment:

  1. I'm slow to adapt to the FB media, too. Wishing you a wonderful experience with it!! I'll keep checking back here when you post... ;) Have a great weekend. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete