Friday, December 19, 2014

Warm & Woolly


When pulling some antique fabrics out of a box for Christmas decorating, I came across this tiny pair of baby mittens. Knit by my husband's great-grandmother for her baby daughter (his grandmother), they were lovingly preserved in a trunk of things from the early 1900's. 

Connected with a scrap of silk ribbon and knit in natural wool, the mittens are constructed without thumbs - for warmth and for less fiddling around with stubby baby hands I would guess. I thought they were so sweet I wanted to share them here (they are currently hanging on my Christmas tree!).

Since publishing the Ascend Cowl, I've been busy knitting mittens and fingerless gloves by the dozens. I hope you are enjoying the season, knitting or crocheting something warm, woolly and relaxing. With Hanukkah underway and Christmas fast approaching, it's easy to get caught up in a holiday frenzy. 

I wish you a week of peace, joy and happy knitting!




1 comment:

  1. What a treasure! So glad you shared this with us.
    Happy Holidays to you and your family, Robin. May the new year bring much happiness and good health to you.

    ReplyDelete