Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Snow Day


Last night brought the first snow of the new year - hurray! I do love a good snowfall.

Light, soft snow about 3-4 inches deep made for slow going but the peaceful beauty was plenty reward for the effort (that plus knowing I would enjoy an extra piece of chocolate later). 
  


The very early morning light wasn't the best for photography, but I did take a few shots.
 



I usually avoid the 'zoom' feature on the Canon point-and-shoot camera that I take along on my runs, but it came in handy when I spotted this little guy and was afraid I'd startle him if I got any closer.



This kind of weather definitely calls for lots of warm woollies of which I am knitting plenty! Mainly I'm cranking out cowls, fingerless mitts and hats, but also dabbling with a few other things including a submission for publication. What are you working on? 

I hope you had a joyful and safe new year's celebration. Can it really be the new year already? I wish you peace, blessings and much happy stitching in 2015, may this be your best year ever!


Happy New Year 
2015






3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you, Robin!
    I miss the snow. Thank you for sharing some of yours with us. Love the peek at what looks to be a cardinal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful place for a winter run! Oh, how I miss running. Wishing you an amazing and wonderful 2015, Robin!! Hope you'll post some of those projects! ;) blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cardinal photo! My cardinal pair is much to shy, all I ever get is pictures of chickadees.

    ReplyDelete