Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Hello Ewe!

 


I just love the face on this sweetly curious sheep from our visit to a historical farm last weekend.  She seems to be saying 'hello you (ewe)!' in a friendly and cheery way.  More about our farm visit later on. First the knitting.

This project is a leftover from my vacation last month.  For travel knitting I enjoy working on patterns by other designers and I knew I wanted to bring large (cardigan) and small (shawlette, hats) projects.

After dithering over several cardigans, I chose this one because I had the pattern yarn, Berroco's Blackstone Tweed, in stash and that was the deciding factor. 


The pattern is Pipibird's Harvest Moon, and it's going pretty well so far.  I started this on my trip but it got sidetracked with my Ishbel shawl and the hats. Fairly boring with miles of endless stockinette, I've managed to slog through quite a ways and begun knitting down the bodice. Hopefully the agony will be over soon.

My crochet Noro shawl is about 60% complete and looking very autumnal I think.  I can't wait to finish this so I can wear it.


I don't knit with a lot of Noro, but the colors of this skein of Kureyon Sock were perfect for fall, and I like the slubby, thick-thin, rough texture.  Not a yarn for an elegant, refined, stitch-centric shawl, but perfect for something this earthy and simple. 

I've been playing around with different buttonholes and scoping out buttons for one of my current pattern projects.  This one is interesting.



Last weekend found us busy with a visit from my cousin Mike and our outing to Slate Run Living Historical Farm.






Lots of farm life activity was going on including cooking and broom-making, but they were sadly lacking a spinner, knitter or weaver on the premises!


I haven't posted nearly enough about spinning lately, but then, I haven't been spinning much lately either, much to my chagrin.  However, this week is another spin-in at an area LYS so hopefully I'll have more to share on that topic soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment