Friday, September 28, 2012

Loopy Love




The US is full of wonderful yarn shops, some right here in central Ohio and many others I've been lucky enough to visit during my travels. But it's pretty impressive when any one shop can stand out from the crowd and develop a following of fans from throughout the US and beyond, as is the case with The Loopy Ewe in Fort Collins, CO. 



Although I've not yet had the chance to visit, I've become familiar with the shop online through an excellent internet presence via their website www.theloopyewe.com, Facebook, Twitter and of course, Ravelry. 

Owner Sheri and her "Loopy Elves" (store staff) run a bustling destination yarn shop bursting with a huge selection of goodies for fiber fans. The shop website offers much of their merchandise online, and even has a live web cam so you can see the action every day - I love this idea. 


The shop's Ravelry group, The Loopy Groupies, has grown to be one of the largest groups on the site, offering everyone a chance to feel as if they are part of the friendly culture of the LYS. The group's annual "Camp Loopy" KAL is a big draw for Ravelry knitters.

Of course I was thrilled when I heard from my pal designer Tina Sanders (thanks for the notice Tina & Cheryl!) that The Loopy Ewe blog had a post featuring many lovely shawls their customers had knit from my Sothia pattern for Camp Loopy! 


I was happy to have such a terrific shop feature my design and blown away by the many gorgeous color and yarn combinations Sothia had been knit in, including this beautiful version by Sheri.


You can read the full Inspiration: Focus on Sothia post if you get a chance. And thank you to Sheri and everyone at The Loopy Ewe, you have also inspired me in many ways.

Have a great weekend everyone, I'm preparing for a trip so I'll be away from the blog for a bit but will have much to share when I return. I'll also be announcing the winners of the Amethiste shawl pattern giveaway contest then too!




3 comments:

  1. I'm a Loopy Groupie, I've been to Spring Fling twice, when they were in St. Louis and have been to Camp twice. I love TLE and their staff. When trying to match colors the elves are sooooo helpful. Sheri inspires with her blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your nice Loopy write-up, Robin! We all love your patterns at The Loopy Ewe. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was at the Loopy Ewe shop this summer and saw Sheri's version of your Sothia. It looks even more beautiful in person. I wrote the pattern name on a slip of paper and hurried home to check it out on Ravelry, and found your blog from there. I haven't started the project yet, but I've got it on my list!

    ReplyDelete